8/25/11

Too Many Videos Lately

I've been posting too many videos lately for my taste, but hey. I love watching BMX and trials videos, because... well, mostly because they're just plain entertaining. But also because these dudes are simultaneously totally nuts, super talented, focused and driven. Pushing the boundaries of human physical capabilities just to push them... I will never do anything close to what Danny Macaskill does on his bike, and so I'll live vicariously through youtube. I'm here to do something else, and that's fine by me, as long as I can watch him and his cohorts play, and be amazed by the way creation works. When this guy shows his grandkids this video they'll stop making mean comments about him behind his back. They will probably keep making fun of his music though. I ought to stop here and mention that a while ago I was strongly considering buying those same Five Ten Freerider shoes, albeit in a more respectable colorway.


When I'm out of school, I'm going to do a few things. One of them is buy a motorcycle. Another one is start doing motion work. I definitely believe a still image is more potent in most situations, but short films like this, with their thoughtful camerawork and creativity, strongly dispel the loathing I feel for mankind when I see clips like E! or whatever that celebrity gossip TV show is. Plus, I think trained photographers shoot motion video in a funky way, when compared to trained videographers, and I like that. I should go to bed, but I'm going to eat pretzels instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment